As a citizen of an EU member state and other countries participating in the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP), you may apply for a Comenius or Grundtvig In-Service Training Grant to attend a Greek Language Course. The grants are provided to cover all your expenses (travel courses, course fee, accommodation and boarding expenses).

For which of your courses can I take a grant?
Search for AEOLIS's Greek Language Courses in GRUNDTVIG/ COMENIUS Courses' database and see its detailed description (session dates, fees, programme-day-by-day):
GREEK LANGUAGE AND CULTURE PROGRAMME (all levels): Ref No GR-2010-096-012
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can apply for an In-Service Training Grant for a course that does not appear in the database. Check the available courses on our web-site and ask us for session dates, fees and a day by day programme).

who can apply?
A wide range of people can apply for grants, for example:

• Teachers at a Greek Community (learning Greek dances, Greek culture, Greek History etc);
• Staff involved in helping/ supporting Greeks abroad to integrate to their host countries;
• Volunteers who work with organizing cultural and educational initiatives for people of Greek origin;
• Heads and managerial staff of institutions/ organizations (NGOs, Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Research Centres, Public organizations, Universities, Vocational Training Centres, Trade Unions, Group of companies, a private enterprise, publishing Houses, libraries, NGOs etc) providing adult learning opportunities to people, including people of Greek origin;
• Counselors or career advisors (who also wish to work with Greeks);
• Inspectors or advisors in the field of language teaching;
• Teachers in a primary or secondary school;
• Staff working with persons at risk, for example, mediators, who wish to learn a new language and add it in their working languages;
• Staff involved in intercultural adult education or working with migrant Greek workers;
• Staff working with adults of any nationality with specific educational needs
• Qualified and practicing teachers of Greek as a foreign language;
• Trainers of foreign language teachers;
• Teachers re-training as a foreign language teacher;
• Unemployed adult educators / those wishing to reintegrate into adult education after an interruption- and wishing to extend the languages they speak in order to find work
• Adult educators in any field and the trainers of such educators (providing that their adult education institution has Greeks as actual or prospective clients)
• Additional categories of adult education staff at the discretion of national authorities

Do I need to be part of an organization that will “send” me for the training?
Sending organizations can be:
• Institutions or organizations that offer any kind of training to adults (e.g. Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Research Centres, Public organizations, Universities, Vocational Training Centres, Trade Unions, Group of companies, private enterprises, publishing Houses, Libraries, etc, providing or planning to provide adult learning opportunities to people, including people of Greek origin);
• Hellenic Communities in Europe;
• Associations and representatives of people involved in Adult Education;
• Bodies providing guidance, counseling and information services relating to any aspect of Adult Education;
• Foreign Language Schools both public or private;
• Not-for-profit organizations, voluntary bodies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs);
• Organizations responsible for systems and policies concerning any aspect of Adult Education at local, regional and national level;
• Research centres and enterprises;
• Higher education institutions;
• A Primary or secondary School that also has some children of Greek origin;

Where can I find the application form and who do I submit it to?
• In each European country a National Agency (ΝΑ) -usually a Ministry of Education department- is responsible for receiving the application and approving the grants. Eligibility criteria are generally the same, but they may be some differences amongst different countries.
• You will have to check your eligibility with the NA of the country you live in, and download the application form from its web-site. You will find the form under Mobility Programmes Grundtvig and Comenius. In some European countries you will also find the form under the designation "In-Service-Training". You may also contact your National Agency by mail or phone asking for the application form for the GRUNDTVIG/COMENIUS programmes. You can find a list with links to the national agencies of the different countries HERE.

What are the deadlines for submitting my application?
Application deadlines for 2010 are:
15 January 2010 (for courses starting 1 May 2010 - 31 August 2010)
30 April 2010 (for courses starting 1 September 2010 - 31 December 2010)
15 September 2010 (for courses starting 1 January 2011 -30 April 2011)

What do I need in order to prepare a successful application?
• Send us an e-mail to Αυτή η διεύθυνση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου προστατεύεται από τους αυτοματισμούς αποστολέων ανεπιθύμητων μηνυμάτων. Χρειάζεται να ενεργοποιήσετε τη JavaScript για να μπορέσετε να τη δείτε. Αυτή η διεύθυνση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου προστατεύεται από κακόβουλη χρήση. Χρειάζεται να ενεργοποιήσετε την Javascript για να τη δείτε. with the course subject and dates you wish to attend. We will guide you to a pre-registration form, which you will have to fill in and send us by email. We will then provide you with the invitation letter needed for your application. You need to submit this document together with your application.
• You also have to contact the organization that could sign and stamp your application.
We understand that many of you may not have had previous experience with funding applications so don't hesitate to contact us in order to get some help and ideas!!! Find some useful information below:
* See here the quality criteria for the assessment of the applications, as presented by the UK National Agency.
* See here part of the 2009 application form provided by the UK National Agency.
* In order to fill in the Budget Section, you need to be detailed about all your expenses. Ask us about the course fee, the cost of accommodation and full boarding, and the transfer cost from Mytilene/ Athens airport to the course's location. Ask for air ticket prices at your local travel agency or on the web, and add some extra money to your budget, since you will have to book your ticket on a later date. Include the transfer cost from your home to the departure airport.

And what happens after submitting my application?
The National Agency will contact you within 45 days (some National Agencies may need more time) after submitting your application to inform you if your funding has been granted. As soon as your National Agency approves your application, please send us a notification e-mail so we can proceed to your final registration to the course.

More information: